What’s more refreshing than vanilla ice cream on a hot day? Or maybe an ice cream shake?
I’ll give you a single serve recipe, first. Then I’ll give you the larger, full blender size recipe. That one serves about 3.
If you don’t have butter and caramel flavor, just leave it out. But, if you have them, they sure are yummy!
Vanilla Ice Cream Shake (Individual size)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg, or 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon gluccomannan
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 pinches salt
- 1/8 teaspoon butter flavor, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon caramel flavor, optional
- 1 Tablespoon monk sweet +
- 2 cups ice
- 2-3 Tablespoons whey protein isolate, isolate
Add all ingredients, except for the ice and whey protein to your blender. Blend well for about a minute. Let set for a minute. Blend for another minute. Add ice and blend till smooth. Add whey, if using, and blend for about 30 seconds. Enjoy!
Vanilla Ice Cream Shake (Full blender size – 3 to 4 servings)
- 3/4 cup water
- 3-4 eggs or egg yolks
- 3/4 teaspoon gluccomannan
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 3 Tablespoons to 1/3 cup cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/8 teaspoon butter flavor
- 3/4 teaspoons caramel flavor
- 3 Tablespoons monk sweet +
- 6 cups ice
- 1/2 cup whey isolate powder
(Process as above)
Note: I include whey isolate for more protein in this recipe. Especially since I serve this as a snack to my little ones, and want protein to help stabilize my T1D daughter’s blood sugar. I almost prefer this without the whey. Feel free to swap it for collagen, or leave it out, totally.